Total Gas FAQ's
Total Kenya prides itself on packaging and marketing trusted, safe, and reliable Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), TOTAL Gas. TOTAL Gas is available to customers in a range of 3Kg, 6Kg, 13Kg, 22.5Kg and 50kg cylinders. Here are answers to frequently asked questions that will help you get the best out of your TOTAL Gas.
- LPG is an acronym for Liquified Petroleum Gas which is energy stored under pressure in cylinders. LPG is obtained by refining petroleum (crude oil) or extracted from natural gas streams.
- EFFICIENT: LPG is a highly multi-functional fuel with a high heat value. Depending on the output of the stove used, 1 kg of LPG is the equivalent of 5 kg of coal and 11 kg of dry wood.
- PRACTICAL: Transporting LPG cylinders is easy and practical. The different sizes are adapted to consumer uses and budgets: 3 kg, 6 kg, 13kg, 22.5kg and 50Kg, etc.
- CLEAN: Unlike fossil fuels like coal or wood, LPG produces almost no harmful particles during combustion. It guarantees good air quality and does not affect the health of users.
- CO2 emissions of LPG are around 50% less than that of coal and wood. LPG therefore helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Always purchase your TOTAL Gas at TOTAL Service Stations, TOTAL Maskani container outlets or authorized distributors.
- Genuine TOTAL Gas has a TOTAL logo, white thermo seal or black plastic caps & scratch label intact.
- Always verify your gas is genuine by scratching the label on the cylinder and texting the code on the label to 38353 for free.
- Upon verification, weigh the cylinder & confirm the weight on scale matches that indicated on the cylinder
- Always obtain an official receipt with the following details below:
• Name, address, and telephone number of the authorized retailer.
• Your name and telephone number (customer).
• Date of the sale.
• Cylinder brand; (TOTAL Gas)
• Serial number of the cylinder.
• Serial number of the seal or anticounterfeit sticker.
• Net weight in kilograms of the cylinder.
• Unit and total price of the transaction.
- To use your TOTAL Gas, you will need a burner and Grill for the 3Kg and 6Kg cylinders and a cooker, low-pressure regulator and hosepipe for 6Kg and 13Kg cylinders.
- A cooker, high-pressure regulator, and hosepipe are required for 22.5Kg and 50Kg Cylinders.
- Your nearest TOTAL service station, TOTAL Maskani container outlets or TOTAL Gas authorized distributors will advise you on how to use your TOTAL Gas Safely.
- Always transport your TOTAL Gas when upright & secured.
- Always store your TOTAL Gas in an upright position on a level surface and in a well-ventilated room.
- Do not store your TOTAL Gas near any sources of heat like stoves, jikos or direct sunlight.
- Cooking appliances should be placed higher than the cylinder
- Do NOT use, connect or disconnect your TOTAL Gas near direct sources of heat or flammable materials.
- Turn on the gas lighter or light matchstick before turning on the gas.
- Use TOTAL Gas recommended fittings & replace your hosepipe on reaching its expiry date.
- Turn off your regulator when gas is not in use.
- If unsure of how to light your gas please seek help from a TOTAL service station, TOTAL Maskani container outlets or TOTAL Gas authorized distributor.
- Teach your family members how to correctly use your TOTAL Gas.
- LPG has a pungent smell to help detect a leak.
- If safe, turn off & disconnect the regulator from the cylinder.
- Place the cylinder outside the building.
- Do not strike a match, operate any electrical switches, or use a mobile phone
- Quickly open all windows and doors to ventilate the room.
- Safely check for leaks using soapy water, bubbles indicate a possible leak.
- Return the cylinder if faulty to TOTAL service station or TOTAL Gas authorized dealer where purchased.
- In case of a fire outbreak do not panic.
- If safe Turn off the regulator using a damp towel.
- Do not endanger your life by attempting to fight a fire.
- Calmly evacuate everyone from the house and call for help.
- All TOTAL Gas cylinders of same size are fitted with similar valves and can be exchanged at TOTAL service stations, TOTAL Maskani container outlets or authorized distributors.